Pecorino Romano DOP, 200g
This product is currently sold out.
Sometimes used as a substitute for Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano is equally as versatile. Its sharp, salty flavour makes it popular for grating over rich pasta recipes, including the famous Cacio e Pepe, but unlike Parmigiano, it is made from sheep's milk. Its name comes from the popularity it enjoyed throughout the Roman Empire. 90% of Pecorino Romano comes from Sardegna, and the remaining 10% of production is divided between Lazio and the Tuscan province of Grosseto.
Wonderful enjoyed with chutney, honey or jam at the end of a meal. Great also on bread and al forno/baked dishes. Pair it with a big, bold Italian red wine or a light beer.
This product contains animal rennet, therefore it's not suitable for vegetarians. Contains Milk and dairy. Pasteurised. Please note, the rind of this cheese is not edible.